- Get Involved
- Understanding CCS
- About the Institute
The Institute's first meeting of European Members in Norway
Date:16 May 2012
The Global CCS Institute’s first dedicated European Members’ Meeting was held in Bergen, Norway on 8 May 2012. The meeting was held in conjunction with the launch of the Mongstad CCS Test Centre (TCM) as well as a seminar on ‘The Status of Carbon Capture Technologies’, which the Institute co-hosted together with Gassnova SF and the IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme. Both the seminar and the Members' Meeting were chaired by Claude Mandil, Chairman of the Institute's International Advisory Panel (IAP).
A comprehensive report of the event can be viewed here.
In addition, a wide range of content from the meeting, including presentations, news articles and photos will be made available for access soon on our website.
Please see selected presentations from the meeting below:
- Tore Amundsen - TCM Mongstad - TCM inaugurated
- Thomas Stringer - TCM Mongstad - Alstom CCS & Chilled Ammonia
- Knut Sanden - Aker Clean Carbon
- Kai Tullius - European Commission - EU project network
- Philip Ringrose - Statoil - CCS Project Network Update
- Steve Whittaker - Global CCS Institute - CO2 - EOR and its role in CCS
- Louise Barr - UK Government - FEED Studies Knowledge Transfer and Lessons Learned
- Mike Fernandez - Alberta Energy - Lessons learned from Alberta
- Hedwig M. Verhagen - Government of the Netherlands - Regulatory lessons learnt