- Get Involved
- Understanding CCS
- About the Institute
Capital / Operating Costs for Power Capture in the Operate stage
Table of Contents
To manage the operating capital cost expenditure and manpower during the operate phase to ensure that an optimal sparing and maintenance provision is made for the power capture element and that progressive learning is incorporated into subsequent operation and maintenance budgets.
Regular periodic reports on the power capture capital and manpower expenditure and on the status of the actual operating and maintenance costs against budget.
Specific tasks include the following;
- Establish monitoring regime for the capital and manpower expenditure against budget on the power capture element facilities at a monthly resolution.
- Monitor key indicators of actual power capture performance against budget such as:
- Spares consumption;
- Wear / deterioration rates;
- Failure rates and failure modes;
- Performance against contract for capture rate, availability, CO2 throughput etc;
- Amine consumption
- Amine regeneration capability;
- Utility consumption;
- Heat consumption;
- Emissions / waste disposal;
to allow optimisation of the operation and maintenance plans where necessary.
- Maintain contact with key suppliers to ensure that stocks of spare items for key equipment remain available;
- Review the operating and maintenance budgets to identify any potential for optimisation. This should include:
- Incremental improvement to the performance (eg. column repacking, optimisation of process conditions etc)
- Utility costs (electricity, heat, water etc)
- Staffing costs
- Amine make-up costs
- Spares etc
- Carry out regular periodic updates to the operational risk register and identify the overall cost quantum that the risks account for and how these risk amounts are being addressed within the operation and maintenance budget and plan for the power capture element.
- Prepare and agree following year operating and maintenance budget taking into account any optimisations identified.
Institute Knowledge Products
- Project Manager and staff
- Finance work-stream lead
- Procurement work-stream lead
This content expresses the point of view of individuals in the CCS community and not necessarily the views of their organisation or the Global CCS Institute.