- Get Involved
- Understanding CCS
- About the Institute
Future Work Plan Activities for Transport in the Identify stage
The objective is to provide a description of the developed scope statement and objectives for the Identify Phase as well as provide an outline of the organisation and resources needed, cost estimate and time to conduct.
The major deliverables are:
- Level 3 Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for all future works scope identifying responsibilities within each WBS element
- High level cost estimate for all elements of the WBS.
- Level 3 programme (schedule) for all elements of the WBS identifying key project delivery milestones
- High level resource plan for all elements of the WBS
The key tasks include:
- Identify all future works scope,
- Establish appropriate time frames and dependencies,
- Estimate cost outlines and
- Identify resource requirements
The Work Breakdown Structure shall effectively decompose the future works scope into delivery elements that will be used to structure all project related activities. Every element within the WBS will be assigned with responsibilities.
A high level cost estimate shall be developed for each WBS element indicating cost for labour hours, materials and others.
On the basis of the WBS a Level 3 programme shall be developed, listing all tasks within each WBS element with their appropriate durations. All activities shall be logically linked according to their dependencies. Responsibilities shall be identified for all tasks.
The programme shall be resource loaded to identify the labour effort needed, the number of Full Time Equivalents (FTEs) required and the timing when the resources need to be available.
- Project Controls Manager
- Project Controls Engineer
- Project Manager
This content expresses the point of view of individuals in the CCS community and not necessarily the views of their organisation or the Global CCS Institute.