- Get Involved
- Understanding CCS
- About the Institute
Key Focus Areas
The Institute’s focus areas demonstrate how it will operate, and work towards becoming a centre of excellence.
The three focus areas are:
- Bridging knowledge gaps between demonstration efforts.
- Developing project specific solutions, particularly amongst early movers.
- Using facts to inform and influence domestic and international low-carbon policies.
- Supporting the commercialisation of CCS by advancing the understanding of appropriate funding and financing solutions, and risk regimes.
- Increasing the awareness of the benefits of CCS and the role it plays within a portfolio of low-carbon technologies.
- Collecting information to create a central repository for CCS knowledge.
- Creating and sharing information to fill knowledge gaps and build capacity.