Countdown to COP: A Series on CCS Climate Technology, COP 26 and the Path to Net Zero
26th July - 12th November 2021
With the 26th Conference of the Parties (COP) set to take place in Glasgow this November, the countdown to COP is officially underway. Now more than ever, governments and corporations around the world have made commitments to launch carbon capture and storage projects to support 2050 international climate targets.
Join the Global CCS Institute for our COP monthly series from July-November featuring climate experts from around the world as we discuss the road to COP 26, CCS technology and net-zero climate targets.
Our series topics will include.
- Part I - COP Then and Now: International Diplomacy and CCS Progress
- Part II - Reaching Net Zero: Paris Agreement, Regional Climate Commitments and the Role of CCS
- Part III - COP 26: Moving the Needle Forward on Climate Action and Climate Technology
- Part IV - Technology, Policy and Pricing: How to Reach a Low Carbon Future
- Part V - Hosting COP: Building Climate Ambition across the UK and Beyond
So far, the Countdown to COP series has had participation from:
- The US Department of Energy
- The Government of Norway
- The Environmental Defense Fund
- Former Chair of the UNFCCC Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice
- The Edison Electric Institute
- King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC)
- The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
We look forward to you joining us at our next webinar.