Audio & Visual Library
CCS Talks: The Value of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
15th May 2020
The Global CCS Institute launched its flagship report The Value of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). This report aims to inform the discussion on the value of CCS by providing an overview of recent analyses published on the topic and completed by the Global CCS Institute.
During this webinar, the authors of the report present the major benefits of the large-scale investment and deployment of CCS and discuss the existing evidence related to the value of CCS under two overarching themes.
CCS as an essential technology to economically meet long-term climate targets and for risk mitigation through:
- Achieving deep decarbonisation in hard-to-abate industry;
- Enabling the production of clean hydrogen at scale;
- Providing low-carbon dispatchable power;
- Delivering negative emissions.
CCS is a driver of economic growth and employment by:
- Creating and sustaining jobs;
- Supporting economic growth through new net-zero industries and innovation spillovers;
- Facilitating a just transition by alleviating geographic and timing mismatches;
- Enabling infrastructure reuse and deferral of decommissioning costs.