2021 Global Status of CCS Report: Launch Event (European Region and North America)
14th October 2021
On 12 October, the Global CCS Institute held an online event to launch the flagship Global CCS Status Report.
The 2021 Global Status of CCS Report demonstrates the vital role of carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies as the world accelerates on the path to net zero and documents the current status and important milestones for the technology this year. The Global Status report remains the preeminent resource for carbon capture and storage around the world.
The virtual event included a presentation of the report’s findings, including:
- The annual progress of CCS, including updates on the number of new facilities added to the project pipeline
- Emerging CCS trends
- The first ever global overview of CCS networks
- International climate policy and finance updates
- Regional analysis across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Americas and GCC
This year we were joined by a panel of industry leaders to discuss the role of CCS in achieving our climate ambitions.
- Jarad Daniels - Chief Executive Officer - Global CCS Institute
Presentation of the 2021 Global Status of CCS report:
- Guloren Turan - General Manager, Advocacy and Communications - Global CCS Institute
- Jeff Erikson - General Manager, Client Engagement - Global CCS Institute (Moderator)
- Omar Obaid Al Nasri - CEO - ADNOC Onshore
- Dr Jennifer Wilcox - Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, US Department of Energy
- Jan Theulen - HeidelbergCement, Group Director, Alternative Resources
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.
To watch the recording please see below:
Click here to download the Global Status of CCS Report 2021.