Countdown to COP – Part I – CCS in International Climate Negotiations
27th July 2021
With the 26th Conference of the Parties (COP) set to take place in Glasgow this November, the countdown to COP is officially underway. Now more than ever, governments and corporations around the world have made commitments to launch carbon capture and storage projects to support 2050 international climate targets.
Carbon capture and storage (CCS) has featured in the international climate negotiations for more than a decade. This webinar provided insights into the history of CCS in the climate negotiations, and explored how CCS will feature in the implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- John Scowcroft, Consultant, Global CCS Institute
- Ulrika Raab, Senior Advisor, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Paul Zakkour, Director, Carbon Counts
- Pedro Martins Barata, Senior Director, EU Policy, Environmental Defense Fund
- Eric Holdsworth, Managing Director, Clean Energy and Environmental Policy, Edison Electric Institute
Moderated by Eve Tamme, Senior Climate Change Policy Advisor, Global CCS Institute
Watch a recording of the webinar below.