EU Green Week 2021 – Supporting Europe’s 2050 Climate Targets Through Carbon Capture and Storage
9th June 2021
In collaboration with the Zero Emissions Platform (ZEP), the Global CCS Institute held a live webinar on 2 June 2021 as part of EU Green week to discuss CCS and Europe's 2050 climate targets.
Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) will have a key role to play in Europe’s industrial transition towards net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. CCS is a proven, cost efficient technology that is available now and necessary for Europe to reach its target of net-zero emissions by 2050. This webinar will look at how CCS can support reaching a climate-neutral EU by 2050. With expert speakers joining from industry and policy, the webinar will consider opportunities and challenges for CCS projects in Europe, incentivising CCS, the important role of cross-border European CO2 transport and storage infrastructure, and assessing up-and-coming regions, well placed to support CCS and climate neutrality targets.
Watch a recording of the webinar below.
- European Commission, DG GROW - Vincent Basuyau, Policy Analyst
- Zero Emissions Platform - Lamberto Eldering, Vice-Chair
- Global CCS Institute - Guloren Turan, General Manager of Advocacy and Communications
- Gassnova - Audun Røsjorde, Director of CCS Technology and Knowledge Hub
- Eni - Luca Giansanti, Head of Government Affairs
- Air Liquide - Vianney De Buchet, VP, Energy Transition Europe