Funding Climate Technology and Securing a Net-Zero Future – Innovate4Climate (I4C)
8th June 2021
Organised by the World Bank Group, Innovate4Climate (I4C) is a free annual event on climate finance, climate investment and climate markets. In partnership with the International Finance Corporation, the Global CCS Institute delivered a I4C webinar on 26 May 2021 titled Carbon Capture and Storage: Funding Climate Technology and Securing a Net-Zero Future.
This webinar looked at the current state of CCS policy and funding support, along with the varied approaches being taken to accelerate the deployment of CCS. Bringing together policy experts from around the world – including experts from the EU Commission, the US Department of Energy, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Bank – the online event highlighted insights on the instrumental roll-out of CCS in the global effort to mitigate climate change.
A recording of the event can be found here on the Innovate4Climate website.
- Natalia Kulichenko-Lotz, World Bank, Sector Lead and CCS TF Lead
- Jarad Daniels, U.S. Department of Energy, Director, Strategic Planning, Analysis and Engagement
- Maria Velkova, European Commission, DG CLIMA, Policy Analyst
- Ruth Hupart, International Finance Corporation, Climate Business Strategy Officer
- Guloren Turan, Global CCS Institute, General Manager of Advocacy and Communications