The Value of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
13th May 2020
The new flagship Global CCS Institute thought leadership report analyzes the major benefits of the large-scale investment and deployment of CCS and discusses the existing evidence related to the value of CCS under two overarching themes.
CCS as an essential technology to economically meet long-term climate targets and for risk mitigation through:
- Achieving deep decarbonisation in hard-to-abate industry;
- Enabling the production of clean hydrogen at scale;
- Providing low-carbon dispatchable power;
- Delivering negative emissions.
CCS is a driver of economic growth and employment by:
- Creating and sustaining jobs;
- Supporting economic growth through new net-zero industries and innovation spillovers;
- Facilitating a just transition by alleviating geographic and timing mismatches;
- Enabling infrastructure reuse and deferral of decommissioning costs.
This report was authored by the Institute's Senior Consultant - Economics Alex Townsend and Research Analyst Nabeela Raji, as well as the Institute's General Manager - Commercial, Alex Zapantis. You can tweet about the report using #ValueCCS.
The content within the Global CCS Institute Publications, Reports and Research Library is provided for information purposes only. We make every effort and take reasonable care to keep the content of this section up-to-date and error-free. However, we make no claim as to its accuracy, currency or reliability.
Content and material featured within this section of our website includes reports and research published by third parties. The content and material may include opinions and recommendations of third parties that do not reflect those held by the Global CCS Institute.