About Global CCS Institute membership
The Global CCS Institute is the world authority on carbon capture and storage, a clean technology which science has proven is pivotal to meeting international climate change targets and decarbonising industry.
The Institute has a unique and unrivalled membership including governments, global corporations, private industry and academia. Amongst its representation, are the governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Japan and Australia, and multinationals such as Shell, ExxonMobil, Toshiba, Kawasaki and BHP.
Our team comprises scientists, engineers, economists and advocates with an intimate knowledge of their discipline and how it relates to CCS. They are also familiar with the fraternity of CCS-related technologies including carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS), Direct Air Capture (DAC), Bioenergy with Carbon Capture and Storage (BECCS), and CO2 re-use applications.
The Institute is charged with three key goals:
- Building Knowledge – through the collation of data, and dissemination of up-to-the-minute information
- Shifting the Narrative – by communicating the case for CCS across countries and constituencies in compelling and contemporary ways
- Enabling Investment – by collaborating with members to create a confident policy environment for the next wave of CCS facilities.
By joining the Institute, members will have:
- Peerless access to the latest national and international information on CCS (including knowledge, research, and intelligence)
- Professional consultancy services across every aspect of the CCS value-chain (including data analysis, policy reports, and pre-feasibility studies, as well as delivery of bespoke research, advice, and economic information).
- Connections to networks which span the highest levels of social, environmental and economic decision-making (including internationally renowned individuals and institutions, and major global events such as the UN Conference of the Parties).
The Global CCS institute is a passionate and effective, force-for-change in achieving a decarbonised future.
It is committed to ensuring that its members are the best informed, and are most effectively able to address any issue in the CCS space.
Global CCS Institute Constitution
The Institute’s Constitution defines its function and provides a set of principles and procedures to govern its conduct.
The Constitution outlines the rights of Members, sets out procedures for considering Membership applications and for holding Members’ Meetings, details the procedures for selecting the Institute’s Board of Directors, and sets out the rules around meetings of the Board and its Committees.