2021 Global Status of CCS Report: Launch Event (European Region and North America)
12th October 2021
10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST / 18:00 GST
Join us for the official launch the Global Status of CCS Report 2021.
The Global CCS Institute is delighted to welcome you to join us for the launch of our annual flagship report.
The 2021 Global Status of CCS Report demonstrates the vital role of carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies as the world accelerates on the path to net zero and documents the current status and important milestones for the technology this year. The Global Status report remains the preeminent resource for carbon capture and storage around the world.
The virtual event will include a presentation of the report’s findings, including:
- The annual progress of CCS, including updates on the number of new facilities added to the project pipeline
- Emerging CCS trends
- The first ever global overview of CCS networks
- International climate policy and finance updates
- Regional analysis across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Americas and GCC
This year we will be joined by a panel of industry leaders to discuss the role of CCS in achieving our climate ambitions.
Presentation of the 2021 Global Status of CCS report:
- Guloren Turan - General Manager, Advocacy and Communications - Global CCS Institute
- Jeff Erikson - General Manager, Client Engagement - Global CCS Institute (Moderator)
- Omar Obaid Al Nasri - CEO - ADNOC Onshore
- Dr Jennifer Wilcox - Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, US Department of Energy
- Jan Theulen - HeidelbergCement, Group Director, Alternative Resources