Global Status of CCS Report 2020: Launch Event
1st December 2020
10:00 EST / 15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET
Join us for the official launch the Global Status of CCS Report 2020.
The Global CCS Institute is delighted to welcome you to join us for the launch of our annual, flagship Report.
The Global Status of CCS Report 2020 demonstrates the vital role of carbon capture and storage technologies (CCS) in reducing emissions to net-zero by 2050 as well as documenting the current status and important milestones for the technology over the past 12 months.
The virtual event will include a presentation of the Report's findings, including:
- CCS annual progress, including newly released numbers of commercial facilities in operation and under development
- Global trends, both in policy and infrastructure, that are supporting CCS deployment
- How increased net-zero commitments have impacted CCS dialogue over the past year
- Historic global funding announcements and CCS investments
- Details on promising CCS technology innovations and CO2 storage resources seen across the globe
Our Global Status of CCS report has significant reach and impact world-wide, with last year's report read by over 8,000 people across 155 countries.
This year's launch event will include a panel discussion with industry leaders involved in CCS climate action efforts.
- Tina Bru, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Government of Norway
Presentation of the 2020 Global Status of CCS report:
- Guloren Turan, General Manager of Advocacy and Communication
- Jeff Erikson, General Manager of Client Engagement
Panel discussion with industry experts:
- Jamie M. Gentoso, CEO, US Cement at LafargeHolcim
- Zoe Knight, HSBC, Group Head of the Centre of Sustainable Finance
- Torbjørg Fossum, Equinor, VP, Global CCS Solutions
- Vianney de Buchet, Air Liquide, VP, Energy Transition Europe
- Jamie Burrows, Client Engagement Manager, Global CCS Institute (Moderator)