EU Industry Week: CCS and Reaching Net-Zero Targets in Europe
26th February 2021
As part of the EU Commission's EU Industry Week, the Institute held a webinar to discuss Europe’s 2050 climate targets and the role CCS will play in decarbonising industry.
Industry accounts for a significant portion of the world’s emissions and decisive action is being taken to try to change that. The online session convened European-based industry leaders and policy experts to discuss the current state of climate action plans in energy intensive sectors, and assess how those plans can support Europe’s overall effort to reach net zero climate targets
Click here for agenda details of this event.
- Valborg Lundegaard, Aker Carbon Capture, CEO
- Rob van der Meer, HeidelbergCement, Director of Public Affairs
- Maria Velkova, Policy Officer, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Stijn Santen, EBN, Senior Business Advisor
- Guloren Turan, Global CCS Institute, General Manager (moderator)
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.
To watch the webinar please see below: