Global Status of CCS Report 2020 – Launch Event
4th December 2020
On 1 December, the Global CCS Institute held an online event to launch the flagship Global CCS Status Report.
The Global CCS Status Report 2020 demonstrates the vital role of carbon capture and storage technologies (CCS) in reducing emissions to net-zero by 2050 as well as documenting the current status and important milestones for the technology over the past 12 months.
The virtual event included a presentation of the Report's findings, including:
- CCS annual progress, including newly released numbers of commercial facilities in operation and under development
- Global trends, both in policy and infrastructure, that are supporting CCS deployment
- How increased net-zero commitments have impacted CCS dialogue over the past year
- Historic global funding announcements and CCS investments
- Details on promising CCS technology innovations and CO2 storage resources seen across the globe
Our Global Status of CCS report has significant reach and impact world-wide. This year's launch event included insights from elected government members and a panel discussion with industry leaders.
- Tina Bru, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Government of Norway
Presentation of the 2020 Global Status of CCS report:
- Guloren Turan, General Manager of Advocacy and Communication
- Jeff Erikson, General Manager of Client Engagement
Panel discussion with industry experts:
- Jamie M. Gentoso - CEO, US Cement at LafargeHolcim
- Zoe Knight- HSBC, Group Head of the Centre of Sustainable Finance
- Torbjørg Fossum - Equinor, VP, Global CCS Solutions
- Vianney de Buchet- Air Liquide, VP, Energy Transition Europe
- Jamie Burrows, Client Engagement Manager, Global CCS Institute (Moderator)
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.
To watch the recording please see below:
Click here to download the Global Status of CCS Report 2020.