New York Climate Week – CCS in the US: A Year in Review
28th October 2023
On 19 September, the Institute and the Clean Air Task Force (CATF) hosted a side event at this year's New York Climate Week titled "CCS in the US: A Year in Review".
The Biden-Harris administration's commitment to climate action has resulted in an historic year for CCS in the U.S. with major policy and financial incentives that have greatly accelerated deployment of carbon management technologies.
The side event was geared towards those interested in better understanding the current state of CCS policy in the U.S., and what has made this past year so monumental for CCS deployment in the country.
Watch a recording of the webinar below.
- 3:00 - 3:15 - Check In
- 3:10 - 3:20 - Welcome
- Baker Botts
- Global CCS Institute
- 3:20 - 3:45 - Opening Remarks
- U.S. Department of Energy - Brad Crabtree, Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM)
- 3:45 - 4:35 - Panel Discussion
- Clean Air Task Force - Lindsay Baxter Griffith, US Advocacy and Policy Director [moderator]
- 1PointFive - Anthony Cottone, Vice President
- Baker Botts - Ellen Friedman, Partner
- World Resources Institute (WRI) - Angela Anderson, Director of Industrial Innovation and Carbon Removal
- 4:35 - 4:40 - Closing Remarks
- Global CCS Institute / Clean Air Task Force
- 4:40 - 5:30 - Happy Hour