The Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars: CCS Infrastructure for a Net-Zero Future
20th May 2021
This was the second of a three-part series of webinars focusing on Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
Hosted by The Global CCS Institute, the Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars featured three, one-hour webinars every other Friday at 10 am for the benefit of Capitol Hill staffers and other interested stakeholders.
The second webinar on May 7, 2021, CCS Infrastructure for a Net-Zero Future, featured four experts on CCS infrastructure projects in the U.S. and Europe. These projects transport and store captured CO2, and the experts discussed their experience planning, developing and running them. A large infrastructure buildout across the globe is one of the key components that will be needed to achieve the CCS scale-up required to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Matt Vining, CEO, Navigator Energy Services
- Susan Hovorka, Senior Research Scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas Austin
- Jean-Philippe Hiegel, Strategy and Market Developer for the Northern Lights CCS project
- Ian Hunter, Commercial Manager for Net Zero Teesside and the Northern Endurance Partnership
- Matt Bright, Global CCS Institute (moderator)
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.