The Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars: CCS Policy for a Net-Zero Future
29th May 2021
This was the final installment of a three-part series of webinars focusing on Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
Hosted by The Global CCS Institute, the Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars featured three, one-hour webinars every other Friday at 10 am for the benefit of Capitol Hill staffers and other interested stakeholders.
The third webinar on May 21, 2021, CCS Policy for a Net-Zero Future, featured the Chief of Staff of the Office of Fossil Energy and three CCS policy experts from leading climate NGOs in D.C. They discussed the government’s role in incentivising investment in CCS, and how strong policy can help accelerate the deployment of the technology around the globe. In addition, they gave an overview of the current state of CCS policy initiatives being debated in the U.S. Congress and the DOE’s role in implementing CCS policy.
- Shuchi Talati, Chief of Staff, Office of Fossil Energy, Department of Energy
- Lee Beck, International Director of Carbon Capture, Clean Air Task Force
- Jena Lococo, Policy Analyst, ClearPath
- Shannon Heyck-Williams, Director of Climate and Energy Policy, National Wildlife Federation
- Matt Bright, Global CCS Institute (moderator)
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.