The Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars: Introducing a CCS Project
29th April 2021
This was the first of a three-part series of webinars focusing on Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
Hosted by The Global CCS Institute, the Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars featured three, one-hour webinars every other Friday at 10 am for the benefit of Capitol Hill staffers and other interested stakeholders.
The first webinar on April 23rd, 2021, Introducing a CCS Project, featured four CCS project developers in the U.S. and Europe. They discussed their experience planning, developing and running a CCS project and gave an overview of the 66 CCS projects in total around the globe. If you weren't able to join, watch the recap to learn about the different technologies comprising CCS, the various applications that this technology can be used for, and the diversity of projects happening right now around the world.
- Peter Sherk, Board Member, Wabash Valley Resources, Indiana, USA
- Syrie Crouch, VP CCS, Shell, Netherlands
- Ryan Edwards, Low Carbon Policy Advisor, Oxy Low Carbon Ventures, White Energy and Permian Basin projects, Texas, USA
- Jannicke Bjerkas, Director CCS, Fortum Oslo Varme, Norway
- Matt Bright, Global CCS Institute, (moderator)