The State of CCS in the UK – Part 1: Business Models and Building Viable Commercial CCS Projects in the UK
22nd November 2023
On the 17th November the Global CCS Institute held the first of a three part webinar series assessing the current state of CCS in the United Kingdom.
With four CCS clusters set to be in operation by 2030, and over 20 CO2 storage licenses offered to support the technology’s scale-up, carbon capture and storage will be a key part of the UK’s plan to reach net-zero.
Together with representatives from the UK's Department for Energy Security and Net Zero, and other key players in the UK's CCS arena, we delved into business models and how to build viable commercial CCS project's in the country.
- Deputy Director - Power CCUS
- Olivia Powis - Carbon Capture and Storage Association, UK Director
- Dr Nick Richardson - North Sea Transition Authority, Head of Exploration and New Ventures
- Professor Niall Mac Dowell - Faculty of Natural Sciences, Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London
- Ellina Levina - Global CCS Institute, Senior Manager, Finance and European Affairs (moderator)
A PDF of the presentation can be found here.
This webinar series will be continued in the coming year. Follow the Institute's event page for upcoming details.