EU Industry Week: CCS and Reaching Net-Zero Targets in Europe
25th February 2021
14:00 Brussels, 13:00 London, 08:00 Washington D.C
The European Commission will be hosting EU Industry Week, and the Global CCS Institute is excited to take part. The Institute will be holding a webinar to discuss Europe’s 2050 net-zero target and the role CCS will play in decarbonising industry.
Industry accounts for a significant portion of the world’s emissions and decisive action is being taken to try to change that. This online session will convene European-based industry leaders and policy experts to discuss the current state of climate action plans in energy intensive sectors, and assess how those plans can support Europe’s overall effort to reach net zero climate targets
Click here for agenda details of this event.
- Valborg Lundegaard, Aker Carbon Capture, CEO
- Rob van der Meer, HeidelbergCement, Director of Public Affairs
- Maria Velkova, Policy Officer, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Stijn Santen, EBN, Senior Business Advisor
- Guloren Turan, Global CCS Institute, General Manager (moderator)