As the world's largest emitter of greenhouse gases, China has made several milestones on CCUS development since it announced its carbon neutrality target in 2020, including incorporating CCUS into the “1+N” climate policy system, starting a full operation on its first integrated megaton-scale CCUS project, and launching the first offshore CO2 storage project.
On Tuesday, October 11 the Global CCS Institute will offer a 60-minute members only webinar that will discuss the current state and trend of CCUS in the region. In addition, this will be the first time for Huaneng, one of China’s largest power producers, to make an introduction on their new 1.5 Mt/year coal power CCUS project to a global audience.
Virtual webinar (members only)
- Dr. Xiaoliang Yang, China Country Manager, Global CCS Institute, Beijing
- Yi Wu, Climate Policy and Communications Advisor, Global CCS Institute, Beijing
- Dr. Hanming Harry Liu, Senior Engineering Manager, Huaneng
NOTE: This webinar will be offered at two different times to accommodate a global range of time zones.
- Option 1: October 11, 2022, 9:00-10:00 am China Standard Time (Asia Pacific)
- Option 2: October 11, 2022, 9:00-10:00 am Eastern Standard Time, 14:00-15:00 British Summer Time (Americas, Europe, MENA)