10:00 Washington DC, 15:00 London, 16:00 Brussels
This is the first of a three-part series of webinars focusing on Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
CCS is making energy news headlines almost daily, and for good reason. As one of the most effective technologies to tackle climate change, CCS is gaining ground across the US and around the world. Curious about the economic or climate aspects of CCS? Interested in hearing what’s happening in the CCS world? If so, the Carbon Capture 101 Webinars series is for you. Hosted by The Global CCS Institute, the Carbon Capture and Storage 101 Webinars will feature three, one-hour webinars every other Friday at 10 am for the benefit of Capitol Hill staffers and other interested stakeholders.
Join us for our first webinar on April 23rd, Introducing a CCS Project, featuring four CCS project developers in the U.S. and Europe. They will discuss their experience planning, developing and running a CCS project and give an overview of the 66 CCS projects in total around the globe. This is an opportunity to learn about the different technologies comprising CCS, the various applications that this technology can be used for, and the diversity of projects happening right now around the world.
10:00 am to 11:00 am EST
Speaker presentations followed by Q&A
- Peter Sherk, Board Member, Wabash Valley Resources, Indiana, USA
- Syrie Crouch, VP CCS, Shell, Netherlands
- Ryan Edwards, Low Carbon Policy Advisor, Oxy Low Carbon Ventures, White Energy and Permian Basin projects, Texas, USA
- Jannicke Bjerkas, Director CCS, Fortum Oslo Varme, Norway
- Matt Bright, Global CCS Institute, (moderator)