The State of CCS in the UK – A Series | Part I: Business Models and Building Viable Commercial CCS Projects in the UK
17th November 2023
10:00 - 11:00 (GMT) | 11:00-12:00 (CET) - Online
Join the Global CCS Institute for the first of a three part series covering the state of CCS in the UK.
With four CCS clusters set to be in operation by 2030, and over 20 CO2 storage licenses offered to support the technology’s scale-up, carbon capture and storage will be a key part of the UK’s plan to reach net-zero.
For CCS to reach commercial scale, the UK government has recognised that robust policy frameworks with well-refined business models will need to play a role. Hosted by the Global CCS Institute, this event will bring in the lens and insights from the UK’s Department for Energy Security and Net Zero, alongside other key players in the UK's CCS arena, as we assess the current state of CCS in the United Kingdom and the various business models supporting upcoming projects.
- Deputy Director - Power CCUS
- Oliva Powis - Carbon Capture and Storage Association, Head of UK Office
- Dr Nick Richardson - North Sea Transition Authority, Head of Exploration and New Ventures
- Professor Niall Mac Dowell - Faculty of Natural Sciences, Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London
- Ellina Levina - Global CCS Institute, Senior Manager, Finance and European Affairs (moderator)