CCS Talks: Unlocking Private Finance to Support CCS Investments
15th July 2021
14:00 Brussels | 13:00 London | 08:00 EDT | 22:00 AEST
A significant increase in private sector funding to support CCS is needed to reach 2050 net-zero climate targets. The Institute’s latest thought leadership report, titled ‘Unlocking Private Finance to Support CCS Investments’, outlines what governments and private actors can do over the next decade to enable CCS to reach necessary scale.
On Thursday, 15 July, the Institute will be holding an interactive webinar where policy and industry experts will take a closer look at the findings of the report, unpack climate finance, discuss the urgent need for rapid CCS deployment and provide insights on what’s needed to further incentivise CCS funding from industry.
- Global CCS Institute - Dominic Rassool, Senior Consultant - Policy and Finance
- HSBC – Eduardo Famini Silva, Director – AIBC, Natural Resources and Energy
- European Investment Bank – Esther Badiola Guerra, Senior Mandate Manager & Climate Specialist
- Societe Generale – Allan Baker, Global Head of Power Advisory and Project Finance
- Global CCS Institute – Ian Havercroft, Principal Consultant Policy, Legal and Regulatory
A live audience Q&A will follow panel discussions.